Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ethan's 4 Months Old!!

Ethan had his 4 month well baby appointment and his 1st appointment with the GI doctor.

At his 4 month baby well check we got his current stats:

Height: 27 inches (95%)
Weight: 15lbs 3 oz (60%)
Head: Average (that's all the doctor said)


And his GI appointment was productive and nice to hear encourage advice. The color or his stools looks good but still too much mucous. She sent us home with a bunch of labs that need to be done on his stools. So with a plastic spoon we had to fill up the vials...yuck!! And then yesterday they called and said they are missing one of the test so we need to do it again...seriously!! Hopefully those results will be back soon and help give us some guidance on how he is doing and what we should be doing to help him.
The GI doc also said to continue breastfeeding and keep doing my total elimination diet (TED) but I can try to add in chicken and shrimp. We tried chicken the other day but it was the same day as his dTap shot and the next day he had a rash all over his stomach. So I will try chicken again on Sunday night to see if the reaction was to the shot or to the chicken. The foods I am currently eating are turkey meat, potato, rice, zucchini, oatmeal, banana, peaches, avocado and salmon. I would love to add chicken into that mix...wish us luck.
We did try egg and corn syrup (I really wanted some jelly beans on Easter) and both caused crazy excema rashes...so we haven't had any luck with new foods yet! Hopefully that will change soon.
Well, that is our update for now. Not too many changes on the allergies/intolerances but Ethan is healthy and happy and right now that really is what matters!!

2 comments:

Julia Fortunati said...

Hi Michelle! Wow! Four months already! 1/4 of a year! He is so cute! God bless you guys! XOX

Meg the Potty Animal said...

Wow I can't believe my nephew is already 4 months before you know it he is going to be 1 and beating up Jacob - especially with that height and weight!