Sunday:
Started off great! We enjoyed sitting outside by the pool with my parents and my sisters family. And the kids got to swim in the pool with Poppy and we were have a great time. Then as Ethan was getting out of the pool he slipped on the concrete and hit his head...he hit it hard. He had a huge red bump on the side of his head. We took him inside iced it, tried giving him a paci and that didn't help calm, tried a bottle and that didn't help he just kept screaming and then he suddenly feel asleep sitting on my lap. Ethan doesn't do this! We were then unsuccessful at waking him up so we threw some clothes on him and went straight to the ER. They took him back right away and found that he was conscious so we went back to wait like everyone else in the waiting room. He woke up after about an hour and couldn't walk. If I put him down he would try to crawl and then just sit there and reach up for me to pick him up. The doctor even asked us if he knows how to walk...umm.... yes he runs!! So they took him right back for a CT scan and of course I couldn't be in the room with him because of the pregnancy so my sister had to comfort him (and she did a great job...thanks Meg for singing to him and telling him stories...we love you). Oh and Jeff wasn't with us for any of this, my cell phone battery was dead so I didn't have a phone with me and we finally called and told him what happened after the CT scan. I didn't want him freaking out at home while we were sitting in the waiting room. After the CT scan Ethan began to walk and finally started to run the hallways and explore everything, at that point we knew he was doing better. After a couple hours of waiting I asked if we could leave since he was better and it was getting close to bed time. But apparently hospitals aren't hotels and we had to wait, so my Dad came down with dinner for Ethan and we waited till I was done waiting and finally the doctor called the radiologist to see where are results were...needless to say it was a long day!! But everything was okay and Ethan is back to normal!!Monday
: Just hung out with my sis, Jake, Abbie and my mom. The kids played outside and took nice long naps then we played a little longer and made the drive back home to see the progress Jeff made on the nursery (pics to come in another post...but he has done a great job so far)Tuesday: I had to do a 3 hour test for gestational diabetes. I failed my 1 hour glucose test by 1 point so I had to repeat this test. They make every pregnant woman do this test, you drink a really gross sugary drink and an hour later take your blood to check for gestational diabetes. Since I didn't pass this test I had to fast for 12 hours have my blood drawn, drink the sugary drink and then have my blood drawn again every hour for 3 hours. I have some awesome bruises as proof from all the blood draws.
After that test I had to take Ethan in for his 15 month baby well check....I was only a month late on this and forgot his immunization card! But I thought for sure he didn't need any shots....of course I was wrong. He had to get 2 shots and his leg got nice and swollen and is just now starting to look better...poor baby he is traumatized of the doctors since Sunday so this visit to the pediatrician didn't help! But we got some new stats for him:
Wednesday:
Ethan had his 1st dentist appointment. Again he freaked out once he realized he was in another doctor office. They had us in a room with lots and lots of toys all around for him to play with and after a few minutes of no one doing anything to him he slowly started playing with toys. So we were able to talk to the hygienist and ask questions before the dentist came in to look at his teeth. He did great and his teeth look perfect.





No comments:
Post a Comment