Saturday, December 29, 2007

Foot Update....again!

Yes, I am still dealing with the broken toe! I went to the doctors last week and the X-ray showed no bone growth since surgery! Although I can wear shoes and walk okay, I still have a weird gimp but I think that is just getting used to walking on my foot again. I have been at the gym doing the elliptical and stair master. I tried running but I only lasted about 5 minutes then my foot starting throbbing.

Okay so the point of this post is that my toe is not healing but I am able to get around and function pretty well.

The doctor got me a "Ultrasound bone healing system," it goes around the fracture site and stimulates (as the doctor explained it really just "shakes") the fracture site to make your body realize the bone is still broken! The Doctors think that since it has been so long my body doesn't realize the toe is still broken. So I have to use this little device every day for 20 minutes. It is just like an ultrasound, jelly and all!

No comments: