Today was surgery day! We got to the hospital for check in around 7:30 and I had my first IV ever (those hurt going in!!) but I was surprisingly calm. Surgery was at 9:30 and started right on time. The whole process went so smoothly.
I was afraid of how I would wake up from anesthesia because I had heard about all the crazy stories and then the Doctors warned me and vomiting and many other fun side effects. So I impressed myself by waking up very well from the anesthesia which meant I was out of the recovery in 45 minutes. The guy next to me (that was snoring way loud) had been in there almost two hours, I was glad that wasn't me.
So after recovery they wheeled me into my room and I had the nurse send in Jeff, Mom, Aunt Tami and Grandma. The nurses made me drink some juice and I got to chat every ones ears off about one of the doctor whose name was Dr. Omally, too bad his first name wasn't George, that would have been way cool. Anyways, I hung out in the room with the family for about an hour and was out of the hospital at 12:30. We were so impressed about how early we were able to make it home.
The doctor said surgery went well. He thought he would need to do a bone graph from my ankle or heel but said once he got in the bones were in better shape than he had expected and he was able to put a screw in without adding additional bone. I think I was more nervous about recovering from the bone graph than just the toe surgery so I am really happy with how the surgery turned out.
Once we got home from the hospital I had a nice time hanging out with my Mom watching lots of Oprah, Take Home Chef and watching Mom sleep. I actually haven't been too tired yet but I am sure that will change once the drugs wear off but I am glad that Mom got to nap before having to drive home since we went to bed late last night and had to get up super early this morning.
Well, I am off to watch a movie and hang out with Jeff but I have to take a minute to brag about what a amazing husband and family I have:
Jeff is such a wonderful husband and is taking such good care of me. He is so patient and loving with me I am so lucky. Thanks love, I love you! And Mom thank you so much for driving up and keeping me company all day. It was comforting to have you with me through all this. I appreciate all that you did for me to help me and keep to me off my foot. And Tami and Grandma thank you so much for being there for me today! It was fun to laugh with you guys hang out before/after surgery, I love you guys! Meghan I just wanted say I love you and I can't wait to see you. I am glad you can come up after surgery instead of during because then I get to hang out with you and hold baby Jacob. I hope he is feeling better soon. Love you!
Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Basil
16 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment